Dreadnought
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

The Golden Hunt

2 verfasser

Nach unten

The Golden Hunt Empty The Golden Hunt

Beitrag von Kapuuze Sa 4 Jun - 17:47:11

The Golden Pot was a big pub in Seltor, maybe even the most important and well known one. It was a meeting place for any kind of people. The one having a good, cold beer together with their friends after work. The one in for a dance and pulsative music on a festival day. And the one eager for business and an adventure.
Most stuff was going on in the big main rooms on the ground floor. There was a lot going on for it was a chill evening and the pub was warm and full of drink and meal for the ones that would pay for it enough. There were rooms for guests and wanderers too in the back part of the puc, only accessible through a door next to the inns keeper’s counter. And there were also rumours of some secret meeting spots down in the cellars next to the owners stocks of meat and wine, having some of the town’s most dubious figures to meet. Valerie knew that the rumours were true. She had seen the rooms herself before. But for now she was sitting up in the balcony of one of the main rooms, watching the people below her before her gaze fixed the window. She could see the academy from up here. Stupid old bookworms, she still tried to avoid them since the turpitude and ignorance she received from them back in the old days. Now she was a magician herself. She was the Sorceress of the Wild Meadows and no one dared to look down at her anymore.
The music from below took on a catchy, mercurial tone and Valerie chuckled. She told the inn’s keeper to look out for some promising adventurer and only sending the best one of them up the balcony and to her place. The caves were calling once again for it’s treasures and she wouldn’t go there alone. She wasn’t a fighter. She was a sage and a lady, a woman of many assets. It was always an easy game to get someone else doing the dirty work for her and enjoying the view meanwhile. The view of nice bodies couldn’t hurt either.
So she was sitting there, next to the big window with the thick tinted shards of glass, in a comfortable armchair that was part of a little group around an even more little table. She wore one of her robes she always wore when she was to interact with people she wanted to have a favour from. Mysterious enough to veil her in dark velvet when she wanted to but also tight enough to show her favourite arguments when she threw back the hood and mantle. She was sitting there like a statue of grace or a spider waiting for her prey.

Olive could see where the golden beast of Seltor broke through when he was standing on the big market place and looking at the floor. They did their best to restore the ground, but it still looked different than the rest. Like a scar in the otherwise light skin of the town. That they built up a golden statue of the young hero slaying the thing in the middle of the market place didn’t help either. There was no visible entrance to the little rooms underground where the beast came from. But everyone knew that the people of the academy got an entrance in their halls. Magical one maybe.
But he wasn’t interested in seeing the underground below the city. It wasn’t a big one, there were a lot more places below the surface. But he needed more infos to get there. That was why he approached the academy right now.
Kapuuze
Kapuuze

Anzahl der Beiträge : 28

Nach oben Nach unten

The Golden Hunt Empty Re: The Golden Hunt

Beitrag von Vicati Di 5 Jul - 23:53:00

The common room of the Golden Pot was filled with laughter and merriment. The innkeeper had found a few would-be musicians that were willing to play a few songs for board and lodge and the few coins the crowd would throw their way. Tiaki had just escaped the grasping hands of a drunk, that tried to drag her into the middle of the room where a few brave – or drunk – souls had started to dance and followed a pair through a door that led up. She had no interest in dancing, not with the people what were in the room. They wore the characteristic robes of min’oaki bounty hunters and had claimed a table near the door, scanning everyone who entered while eating their meals.
She had seen them the first time in the morning as she strolled through the market in search of a few herbs she could use to treat Morin Deah’s swollen leg. It had been caught in the mill wheels and although the workers pulled him away fast enough, it had started to swell purple and blue. But as soon as she heard her mother tongue, Tiaki had dived for cover and not even looked up as the walked by. She had hoped it was just a fluke, but there was no way to mistake these robes for what they were, now that she’d seen them up close. She had to stay low or better, find a way out of the city for a while. Morin Deah would have to find another healer.
She walked up the stairs of the inn to the upper floors. It was quieter here and she noticed how hot it had been down in the press of people. A nice breeze cooled her up here and without any conscious thought, she had her way into the direction it came from. She found herself in front of an open window from where she could overlook the city. There was the Academy, where the people of Seltor were free to learn more about their gift. Not like her who had been forced to. It must be nice to just walk up and immerse oneself into magic.
After a few minutes, Tiaki decided to step away from the window, as the chill started to creep into her bones. She turned around and found herself in front of an open door that led onto a balcony overlooking the common room. Curious, Tiaki stepped inside and found a few chairs and a woman sitting still on a comfortable one. At least she didn’t look min’oaki.
“Hello? I hope, I am not disturbing you?” Tiaki said. She still had an audible accent but at least she had managed to conceal it somewhat and it sounded more western.

A gaggle of people surrounded Hyperias and he just launched himself into another story about how he had slain a seemingly unsurmountable foe. The ladies and lads around him seemed to like it well enough. Maybe it was the coin he handed out so graciously as they made their way over the marketplace in the direction of the next inn but probably not. He had just a very magnetic personality. And he was already scouting who he should take to his rooms.
“And there is the place where the beast broke through. I’m going down there soon and I’ll come back with the head of an even bigger creature. Mark my words!” he boasted as they walked by the statue. He heard a few laughs from the crowd but it earned him also a few glowing eyes. Yes, he’d have his pick tonight!
Vicati
Vicati
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

https://dreadnought.forumieren.com

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Kapuuze Fr 8 Jul - 2:09:02

Valerie only moved a bit, as someone entered the balcony and spoke to her. She stayed in her position but turned her had some inches, giving her full view of the young woman. It wasn't what she expected and even less what she had desired when she told the host to send her some adventurers. The girl was small and cloaked, not exactly looking like some kind of strong warrior. But something made her interesting. The way she spoke or the white lines covering her face? Valerie dissembled her disappointment and gave the strange woman a soft smile instead.
"My my! What a lovely little shell it is, that the spirits brought to me. You are not disturbing anyone, sweetheart. Come here. Take a seat and drink some elderberry wine with me", she spoke slowly, emphasizing the words as if they were a poem. She pointed to the seat across from her and the table, then she leaned forward and took a glass, filled with a dark liquid. There was already another glass filled next to it, as she expected to get a visit. Not that one but she didn't bother much. It was always nice to get some amusement.

Olive walked in a straight line across the market place, his eyes fixed on the academy. There was a group of people crossing his way, but he didn't care. He only cared as one of them touched on his bag that he kept loos on his left shoulder at the moment. And it wasn't a soft touch. The girl was so into looking at the man in the middle of their crowd instead of looking forward, she nearly ripped the pouch from his side! Olive could get hold of it before it left his arm, but still couldn't resist an loud, annoyed breath, as the long case, containing his map, got loose and fell off. His world map was a very important item to him. And this useless kid just made it fall to the ground.
"Bitch", he chuntered into his scarf as he hunkered down to pick the case up.
Kapuuze
Kapuuze

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Vicati Di 2 Aug - 16:24:18

Surprised, but not unpleasantly so, Tiaki took hold of the cup, the woman offered and sat down across from her. She couldn’t see the Min’aoki from up here and they didn’t know she was here, so there was no harm in sitting out of sight and talk for a bit. The woman seemed nice enough.
“Thank you for your… hospitality” she said. “You don’t need to be careful with your speech, I understand quite well.”
Tiaki took a sip of her drink and shuddered, as she tasted the sweetness on her tongue. She still hadn’t gotten used to the riches in these lands, back home they rarely ate sweet things, especially not as mage. She put it down on the table, settling on rationing it, she she could savour it longer.
“Who were you waiting for, my lady? This seems like a meeting place and I wasn’t invited, but yo still welcomed me.”

Hyperias spared the rude man who barged into one of his girls only a quick glance and silenced the few hollers, his group broke into, with a few words.
“Not worth it, my people, bigger adventure await” he said and led them on to the tavern, leaving Olive to pick up his belongings himself.
Vicati
Vicati
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

https://dreadnought.forumieren.com

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Kapuuze So 28 Aug - 11:15:15

An impish smile crossed Valeries face, as the young lady shuddered. She seemed like a calm and rather cautious person, so of course the lady was amused by seeing some intuitive reactions and thoughts getting through a facade. It would get her more information to build on later.
"A meeting place it is indeed", she answered but then first took her time to look at her glass, as if it was something of special importance. Little rhetorical pauses supported the following sentences with a taste of relevance in her opinion.
"I was waiting for someone fitting my current adventurous desires. Maybe there will be another guest soon, enjoying the evening view with us. But maybe he won't even be of need anymore."
She leaned forward again, but this time to get a better look at Tiaki.
"Tell me, little honeybread, what are you searching for in a ingrate place like Seltor?"

While Olive was positive, that another loudmouth has arrived the town to run head over heels into his certain death, but also was relieved to not having him to tell so, the crowd was enthusiastic to celebrate Hyperias' victory in advance.
"What are you going to do with all the richness of your conquered caves?", one of the girls asked him zealous.
"But it won't be long for you to return and tell us everything, no?", another was wild for new stories.
Kapuuze
Kapuuze

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Gesponserte Inhalte

Gesponserte Inhalte

Nach oben Nach unten